Friday 5 December 2008

Looking forward to the weekend

I'm really looking forward to the weekend. On Saturday I'm taking Zeki to a Co-ordination & Balance course. These are run by Hannah Banks and I've been looking forward to this for ages. I think Zeki will really enjoy the course. I've done lots of exercises with her which relate to co-ordination and balance such as ladder work, getting in and out of a box, elephant trick, balancing on a wobble cushion, sitting on a box etc and she loves doing this sort of thing. Apart from her weekly obedience class this is the first course Zeki and I have been on so I am really excited to see if she'll perform her exercises in a new place with other people and dogs around.

Thought we'd have a little practise!

I was going to practise doing some exercises on the blue wobble cushion but I can't find it anywhere. I have a feeling I may have lent it to someone. If any of my friends can rememer if they have borrowed it please let me know!

After Zeki's training course I'm going home with Karen who has invited me to stay for the night. I am really looking forward to this. We're going to have a takeaway and watch Strictly Come Dancing. I'll have Naughty Niamh and Zeki Beeks with me so I am hoping very much that they will behave as well as Karen's dogs did at our house last weekend. Some hopes me thinks!

On Sunday we're off to Polly's for an afternoon training session with Dennis McCaulay. This is Niamh's last external training day before Olympia so I hope the weather stays reasonable. I have been on one of Dennis's training days before and really enjoyed it. He has loads of good ideas and keeps you moving. This really suits us as Niamh likes to keep busy, it actually means she gets tired less quickly. If she is left for too long between turns she directs her attention to dog-watching and this tires her out much faster than her agility training. I know I should keep her occupied between turns but it's hard on a training day because I want to listen to what the trainer is talking about even when it's not my turn. Dennis does push me out of my comfort zone but does so in a way which keeps me motivated and positive. I love his style of training.

I think Andy is planning a ride out with the Edenbridge HOG (Harley Owners Group). That's himself, Michael & Dan! Michael now has his Harley so it will be a noisy excursion for sure.

2 comments:

  1. Have a great time on Hannahs course. Its only 5 minutes away from where I live & I teach on a Saturday morning in my field next to my house,so if you hear loads of dogs barking you know where its coming from ..lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I reckon she can get into a smaller box than that!!!!Hx

    ReplyDelete