Tuesday 20 October 2009

Very strange and a bit scary!

Yesterday afternoon I was working in the office. I thought I heard some kind of bang and went out to the kitchen to investigate. One of the plastic dog beds was sitting in the middle of the floor where Niamh had lept out of it and it slid away from its normal spot. I thought that this had been the source of the noise and left it at that. I had no idea why she had leapt out of the bed but sometimes if a fly lands on her she panics so I didn't think much more about it.

Before I went out to training I emptied the dishwasher and was putting away all the clean stuff. I opened the cupboard where I keep the mugs to put some clean ones back and saw that the whole shelf was covered in shattered glass. I do stack the glass mugs one on top of another but even if one had fallen down it would only be by a drop the height of one other mug. I could understand if it fell and broke in half or something but this was totally shattered (bit like a windscreen) and the shelf was covered in a browney/black dust. It was almost as if the cup had imploded or exploded and obviously it was this noise that I had heard earlier in the day and what had frightened Niamh.

I showed Andy when he came home, he was just as amazed and puzzled as me. He thinks some kind of chemical reaction must have occurred hence the strange dust particles.

Scary!


From this:

To this:

As well as the shattered glass you can see the brown particles of dust laying on the newspaper.

4 comments:

  1. You are obviously haunted by a glass smashing ghost.......LOL!! Poor little Niamh; hope she's recovered from the fright.

    ReplyDelete