Sunday 29 May 2011

Lots of news!

Well, as always with me it's like waiting for a no. 7 bus and then three come along together. So here is my third and final post of today.

All change: we are getting a new caravan. We had almost decided to give up caravanning and just day trip with B&B as needed. However, we came home from Boot Camp thinking that we did still quite like caravanning just not all the clearing away at the end of the weekend. So we decided to downsize dramatically and hopefully this coming week will be picking up this little caravan from Songhurst. It's very small compared with our previous models but we spent nearly an hour looking at it and figured out exactly where each dog will sleep at night as well as ourselves.

Yesterday we spent the whole day clearing the old caravan and cleaning it ready to swap over. I cannot believe the stuff that came out of our caravan. We have been really strict and rationalised everything that we carry. So instead of having spares for the spares, we will manage with the absolute essentials and nothing more. Hopefully that way we can continue to enjoy caravanning at shows with slightly less packing up at the end of a long and tiring weekend.

We hope to have the caravan in time for Dartford and Keston. It's due to be shipped to Songhurst from the factory on Wednesday and Richard is going to to his best to have it ready for us on Thursday including swapping over our motor mover. They are a lovely family firm and I wouldn't want to buy a caravan from anyone else.

The other exciting news is that we have a new arrival due. Tomorrow morning I shall be leaving home at about 6.30 am to travel to Plymouth to bring home this gorgeous little girl. I am so very excited and doubt that I'll sleep much tonight. I hope that Niamh, Poppy and Zeki won't be too upset.

The origin of her name is Pepperbox - a type of poppy (the ones that produce seeds for bread) in memory of her breeder's first dog, a spaniel called Poppy. Perfect for me too!

Moon - Becky wanted a theme of English ships that fought against the Spanish Armada and Moon was one of those ships.

Tide - to go with my chosen name of Tide-y (I might drop the hyphen not sure yet.) Tide-y from one of my most favourite comedies 'Gavin & Stacey'. Obviously there is a connection between Moon and Tide so I'm really thrilled with the name.

Meet Tidey "Pepperbox Moon Tide"





No comments:

Post a Comment