Thursday 28 May 2009

No time to blog .....

Yet another week has flown by and once again I haven't achieved a tenth of what I intended. I had great training plans for Zeki this week but all that we have managed is our Tuesday night class. Crazy because I have all that equipment just outside but no time to use it for myself!

I have been trying hard to keep all my office work as up to date as possible so that there are no nasty surprises when we go away to shows at the weekend. I am also researching travel and other stuff related to our forthcoming trip to Denmark. Before I know it that will be upon us. I am looking forward to the trip and I think I'll stop worrying once I've got the travel sorted. We're going by ferry to either Calais or Dunkirque and then driving about 1000 km to Denmark. We could go to Hook of Holland which would mean a little less driving but it's quite a bit longer for the dogs on the boat and I'd rather be with them driving than them being on their own on the boat.

Last weekend we went to Nottingham. Mixed feelings really. We didn't much like the venue or the running conditions but the weather was good and we had a nice time socially. We had Itzy staying with us and because the weather was nice were able to get her out and about quite a lot. Agility-wise not bad but not brilliant with a spattering of results but not quite what we'd hoped. That said Niamh and I qualified for the Pedigree pairs final with Herbie and Leah which was a nice surprise. We won't travel all that way for one weekend again, not just the venue but it's such a long trip.

Itzy went home on Tuesday evening. I think Bernadette was very pleased to have her back safe and sound. She was very good and absolutely no trouble at all. She got on well with all of our dogs but her special friends were Zeki and Poppy. I can't wait to see if she recognises them (or us) next time we see her!

The garden is keeping us busy at the moment as everything is growing at 100 miles an hour. It's lovely but rather hard work. It's been made harder because we've had quite a lot of windy weather and that results in lots of debris off the trees, especially the weeping willow. Oh well, can't complain it's all beautiful to look at!

Here are some pictures from the weekend.


Zeki shouting at her sister. Poor Kizzy is almost deafened. Itzy looks on in disgust!

Three full sisters each from a different litter. Itzy, then Zeki and last but not least in the back row the original and best - Princess Kizzle. Note the excavation efforts of the youngest sister immediately to her left hand side!

Naughty Niamh after a tiring day's competition. Not sure where Andy is supposed to sleep!

1 comment:

  1. Luv the picture of NN, she looks so chilled and blissed :-)

    ReplyDelete